about:

Folding in Sydney is a guide to sea Kayaking in Sydney. It is written, edited, researched and occasionally spell checked by Fergus Stevens.

I want to present to you a bit of a resource that can be used to gain a insight into some of the practicallities of Sea Kayaking in general and more specifically Sea Kayaking in Sydney with a folding kayak.

I welcome any suggestions or comments, so please get in touch.

Sincearly
Fergus Stevens

-- close window --

Folding In Sydney

One man's guide to getting started in the sport of Sea Kayaking in Sydney with a folding kayak.
My First Overnighter
So last week, I got home from work earlier than usual one night, in fact the sun was still up. So I ran off to Coles, an Australian supermarket, and picked up a few supplies for dinner and breakfast. I grabbed my sleeping bag, tent, stove, and boat and lugged it all down to the waters edge. I am so glad I over the road from the beach!

I managed to put the boat together in about 45 minutes, packed the stern of the boat with my camping gear and set off with the sun rapidly setting. The boat operated exceptionally well and the addition of a little extra weight at the rear seemed to work wonders to the handling of the Kahuna.

I was soon at my camp site of Store Beach, just as darkness fell. After setting up camp, preparing a little food, and being startled by the wildlife, possums and bandicoots rustling in the undergrowth and foraging on the beach, I turned in for the night.

In the morning I decamped, cooked and packed everything back into the kayak and set off back home and appreciated the use of the rudder as it helped keep a straight course in the choppy water. On landing I packed everything up as quick as I could, dragged it all back home again, jumped into the shower, called the girlfriend to say I was safe and ran off to work. A great way to spend an evening!
0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home